Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Quick Reflection on the Year 2010

As the new year approaches we all can't help but reflect on our experiences in the past year. We ponder what lies ahead in the new year, praying, hoping, wishing that it is far better than the last. Upon reflecting on my 2010 experience I came up with a list of the things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my mother, whose support and love carries me through each trying day
I am thankful for my father, whose presence in my life makes difference
I am thankful for my 2010 summer school exchange to France
I am thankful for the U of A ladies I met on the exchange
I am thankful for my best friend, her presence has enriched my life more than I could ever imagine
I am thankful for surviving a terrible car accident in the summer of 2010
I am thankful for the privilege of having a new car
I am thankful for my health
I am thankful for my trip to LA during summer 2010
I am thankful for my job, the learning experiences it allows

It is funny how the years fly by, day after day, week after week, month after month and at the end of each year we find ourselves in the exact same place. Reflecting on the year gone by. 2010 was the most interesting year I have had thus far; It was filled with personal growth, tears, laughter and much more. I remember the days spent traveling the world, the days spent alone in my room and the days spent with the ones I love. I can only pray and hope that 2011will be filled with as much of the joy, laughter and even tears that made 2010 a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment